Friday 24 January 2014

Cheesecake for Lunch!

So this is my first recipe on the blog! I love to eat food, and it turns out I like to cook too. One of my resolutions this year was to do more with my time, and the plan is to make something yummy at least once a week. I hope I stick to it!

It was a friend's birthday on Monday, and the most appropriate gift I could think of was a good, dense fulfilling cheesecake. So I did what any novice would do- I googled it :D





I think my exact words were 'Easy baked cheesecake' and I used the first recipe in the search results which you can see here.

I used Britannia Digestive biscuits for the base, and Britannia cream cheese for the filling.





Couple of tips :

1. Add butter to your biscuits a little bit at a time and mix as you go. I ended up adding too much butter and had to add a lot more biscuit to even it out. So I had a lot more of the base than I wanted. Now I need to figure out what to do with the rest of the biscuit mixture.

2. The recipe calls for 4 eggs. After adding three the mixture was quite runny so I stopped there. Add the eggs one at a time and mix, so you know whether to add another or not.

Even with all the blunders, it was delicious! If you try it out, let me know how it turns out :)

Deepali




1 comment: